View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 06:10 PM
The Dominican
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: 747 captain

With AJX’s apparent need for pilots(double in size?) combined with US pilots leaving(are they?)AJX to go home these days, is it likely that a Pay/benefits improvement will be seen at AJX in the future?
To me the pay looks ok.
A number of pilots have left after being recalled to AA, UAL, USAir, there are a handful of furloughed pilots left but they are pushing it as long as they can. One more guy is looking for a job back in the US because he is in his early 30's so it makes sense for him. The rest of us old farts are staying put. I don't really believe in the "nothing but blue skies ahead" notion as it relates to this business.
They haven't announced any changes to the T&C'S, classes are being filled as it is so I don't think the attrition is worrisome to them quite frankly.

-Medical. Anybody passed with a Incomplete Right Bundle Branch, or is this disqualifying?
I don't think any of us can answer that question, maybe CREW. Can guide you on that regard. You will be taking a stress test as part of the pre employment medical.
-Vision. Using reading glasses (+1.5).Is this ok?
Yes
-On Crew’s application page there is a lot of flight time to fill out. Does this have to be down to the minute accurate, or will you be asked by AJX at a later stage in the hiring process to present “super accurate” logbook numbers? Or is what you gave crew on their application ,set in stone?
There is no way around a very detailed work on regards to the application, you will need to have your logbooks Fedex to you and do the homework, the way the Japanese look at the accuracy of the application process is the way they look at your demeanor and attention to detail in general! rounding up numbers or giving them inaccurate data at the beginning and they just go to the next application. And applicants they do have....!
-For the 737 is a grand total ok ,or should it be divided into 400/500/and so on?
How are they asking on the application? (Sorry, I don't really remember) if they are asking for it separate then you should do it that way. But again, get guidance from CREW in that regard, I don't really remember those details, it's been a while....!
-Valid Jet Aircraft Command Rating-Will a FAA ATP LR JET do?
(Haven’t flown in the US since 1995)
I am almost positive because it doesn't specify that it needs to be a transport category, but I would ask CREW along with your other concerns

Personally I find the commuting contract with Air Japan (much)more tempting/interesting than a crash pad in Phoenix with SWA the next 3 years.

I hear you....! There are a lot of OLD FARTS. Out here that are staying put and not riding this hiring wave, as for me, after being in this business for over 30 years, I just don't believe the term "Hiring for the foreseeable future"