Gets Weekends Off
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2013
  • Position
    PA-18, Front
Quote: Let 'em "pull the tapes" then...

It was my understanding that final authority always lies with the cp in the US unless it is a TA. Is it a new regulation that you must always comply with ATC ? Or are you specifically talking about getting a shortcut direct to..?
Take a gander at post #116 and also...

"Compliance with Air Traffic Control Instructions and Clearances

602.31 (1) Subject to subsection (3), the pilot-in command of an aircraft shall
(a) comply with and acknowledge, to the appropriate air traffic control unit, all of the air traffic control instructions directed to and received by the pilot-in-command; and..."
"(3) The pilot-in-command of an aircraft may deviate from an air traffic control clearance or an air traffic control instruction to the extent necessary to carry out a collision avoidance manoeuvre, where the manoeuvre is carried out
(a) in accordance with a resolution advisory generated by an Airborne Collision Avoidance System (ACAS) or a Traffic Alert and Collision Avoidance System (TCAS); or
(b) in response to a warning from a Ground Proximity Warning System (GPWS) on board the aircraft."

(http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/regserv/cars/part6-602-2436.htm)

(I wrote my FAA ATP exams over a half a century ago, so I don't remember what the regs are down there anymore. I suspect they're similar)