Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 11:06 AM
MatchPoint
Rollin'

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: AA Airbus

Originally Posted by JohnnyG View Post
Camielle herself told the flight school I instructed at more than a year ago they didn't need much in the way of CFIs, and that preference was given to people with prior 121. So there's that, from the horse's mouth.

I have zero face to face time with anyone over airline apps. I'm prepared to tackle any of my weaknesses, including aptitude, attitude and appearance (or anything else), but if you're going to give me advice I only ask that it be advice I can use. How would an attitude problem prevent me from getting an interview?I keep seeing people on here that claim they have a couple offers, and that the industry is hurting for pilots. My friends and I have had the opposite experience, and I know someone at most of the carriers. Our stories are so different I can't help but wonder if there are PR plants posing as young pilots here on the forums.
We all can see now why CE did as you claim; she obviously saw right through you and made those statements in order to keep you at arm’s length. Do HR professionals do this? Absolutely and I have firsthand knowledge since my wife is a Director of HR for one of the world largest Engineering firms. I guarantee you your attitude is obvious to someone like CE and since she knows exactly what SkyWest is looking for she’s learned how to spot SkyWest types and how to properly keep those who are not at a distance.

Those who CE feels might be a good match are invited to SLC and guess who does the hiring? CE? No it's us, the pilots. We the pilots of SkyWest take time out of our very busy lives to interview and select our fellow pilots. If CE said "they didn't need much in the way of CFIs" either you took her words out of context or she was talking more about you and those you run with. I'd say well over 25% of all the new hires I've flown with were former CFIs and many were well under 2000TT. And as time has passed the ratio of CFIs within our new hire classes is and will continue to increase.

What was I thinking? Your brilliant, eloquent and thoughtful post has made me realize that you're right, who am I to expect a checkride? What kind of self-righteous idiot expects a checkride? I still instruct, and I enjoy it. The next time a student has all the prerequisites met, I'll give him this speech of yours about 'expecting checkrides'.

Here I was, thinking I was deserving of an interview, a chance to prove that I've worked hard at aviation and in college to try to become the eligible and prepared candidate a turbine revenue carrier wants, but I don't even deserve a checkride.
Instructing is not beneath me. I still instruct for fun when I don't have corporate work. I enjoy it, and I'm good at it.

I have a lot to offer my next employer, and I'll do whatever amount of work it takes to show them that.

That's *you're* as in, 'you're much better off there', by the way.

Have fun at your job, fly safe and I hope things work out well for you. You can't offend me, especially with poor grammar and spelling.

Your postings are all any of us need to tell what kind of person you are. I know I’m not alone in telling you to go to RAH and stay away from SkyWest. You're not a fit here.