View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 06:50 PM
9kBud
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: yes

[QUOTE=rvr1800;1495762]
Originally Posted by Raffi4 View Post

Some people don't have the multi-tasking skills to operate in a single pilot environment. It's been years since I went through training there but one thing I do remember is just like any airline, you need to get those flows and memory items down exactly. Don't be afraid to get that autopilot on it's your copilot. There will be a lot going on in the cockpit with working the radios and getting out charts while dealing with an emergency. When I went through you could go out to a plane and work your flows. Do that. I definitely didn't take advantage of that as much as I should have and it showed in my first "sim" session. That's in parentheses because it's really an FTD/procedures trainer. They want you to pass and they have excellent instructors. Good luck and have fun.
Soon, that "sim" will be a thing of the past. The training department is currently waiting on a new sim that will allow the company to comply with the new ATP requirements. Better yet, the programming for the sim is being created from one of our actual 402's, which means it'll perform like an actual 35000 hour 402 instead of the book.