View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 07:29 AM
744driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: B767 CA

Originally Posted by C5nwhaleguy View Post
I think the biggest problem i've seen from those who've been here a while is that Atlas MGT and us as a pilot group believe we don't derserve better. Its as if we are some sort of bottom feeder and deserve second rate pay and work rules as compared to larger cargo outfits (fx ups, legacies).... No surprise we negotiated exactly that! I was at a regional with far better solidarity to include flying the contract! CA's here need to be the rule not the exception to knowing the contract, instead its the FO"s educating the CA's, WTH is that! The places we go, the outside of the box type of things crews especially CA's are expected to perform to get the goods delivered....why are we not asking for more from what we bring to a more than profitable operation...this company makes $5 annually per share of available stock (more than FX/UPS)....Jetblue CEO interview on Bloomberg said they are happy to make $5 per ticket sold!!!!!

this place seems at times like my 6 yr old says to her 4 yr old sister..."u get what u get and don't pitch a fit"....works great for kids but here!?!? We need to get our head out of the sand...Time to nut/titty up and have some pride...it starts at the top and doesn't involve selling ourselves short any longer.
You don't have to worry about flying the contract with me!!...I'll be the one calling Ops Control saying "we are not moving this airplane until..."...I'm sure they know my name, and say, "aah, $hit, it's that CA xxx, he's gonna quote the CBA again!!"...and guess what, I'm just fine with that reputation!!

As for the rest of your message, spot on correct. but if the Captain is not willing to fly the CBA, don't forget, it only takes one required crewmember to stop the airplane in its tracks. You be the leader that he forgot how to be...or maybe never knew how to be!!