View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 05:08 PM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by Hawker445 View Post
I got a call this afternoon from an Indian fellow claiming to be from Microsoft tech support. Constantly he kept saying "we are getting errors from your computer." So after convincing me, he took me to a 3rd party screen sharing application (fishy, this started to get me suspicious). He showed me the windows event logs that shows (now that I know) just harmless error logs, and claimed these are serious malware and viruses that can shut down your computer. After 5 minutes he opened up a online money wiring website. (Again even more fishy, and I was convinced that was a complete fraud.) at that point he typed In a. Password and asked for my banking info. So at that point, I immediately shut down my computer, and hung up. He called back WITH A DIFFERENT NUMBER, and asked why I shut my computer down. I told him he was a lying scammer **** face fraud and told him to **** off. I will be reporting this to the authorities. When ever this damn government shut down is over with.

So guys be aware of this BS. They use simple psychology to manipulate those that are off guard and aren't tech savy. I was foolish enough to eat it a little bit.
Man you got scammed, send me your hard drive and a photocopy of the front and back of your debit card and I'll make sure he didn't do any damage. I'll only charge $10.