View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Tweet46
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: Desert Poolie

KoruPilot,

I cannot thank you enough!! I am amazed that you took the time to respond with such a thorough answer!! It was far beyound what I could ever expect, especially after returning from a long trip!

I am at a crossroads...not sure I could move the family to NZ unless I can walk into a decent paying job. I can only hope that my permanent residency won't take as long as yours did. My wife is currently visiting her family in Invercargill and is trying to make a few calls to the immigration folks. I am just hoping I can work on it while there and maybe speed things up. Otherwise I will try to get on with a carrier here and just keep my application current there.

After hearing your take on Air NZ I only want to be a part of that team even more!! I don't think I've ever heard someone who sounds as pleased with his company as you, except maybe for some FedEx buddies I know. It sounds like things are really looking up for the company and propsective pilots.

A few more questions if you don't mind...

With the following background do you think I would be competitve?
Aprrox 3500TT, 2751 PIC, 2154 PIC Turbine, 1900 Military Instructor (My turbine time was in C-130's, King Air C-90's and T-37's) FAA ATP, CFI, FE Written,

Unfortunately it has been awhile since I've flown the big stuff, lately it has all been SE, Day, VFR at the AF Academy. I will really need to polish up my technical skills before an interview.

My application showed up in the mail today and it asked about the BGT rating (Basic Gas Turbine I assume), How would I go about getting that? Do you think it would be possible to get the rating in the 3 weeks I will be in NZ in June?

Sorry to play 64 questions with you...You don't know how much I appreciate your help!! I would love to introduce myself and buy you a beer (or a bottle) while I am there.

Cheers,
JD