Old 10-09-2013, 08:37 AM
JamesNoBrakes
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Volleyball Player

Originally Posted by Zach7177 View Post
I really appreciate all the info. I recently just found a program the Army has called "high school to flight school". I know really all there is a extra flight test about aviation etc and than your asvab. If anyone has more info about that would be great! But that is one thing I wont have to worry about is my aunt who is financing all my training is that I will have no debt or anything to pay off. But to me sounds like moving up here might had been a bad idea. Because the only reason I did move up was because the college here offers this degree. Guess I have some thinking to do. Any other tips or anything would be great!
Here's what you do Zack.

Ask the school to provide you a few examples of students that have "made it" to the major airlines. Ask them how long it took for them to get there. Ask them how much it cost, including interest. Ask them to put you in contact with those guys. Then ask those guys how long it took for them to get there and ask if they thought the degree was worth it. Make sure they provide you with the tome from graduation to major airline and what they did in between. Make sure they or the airline pilots tell you how much they earn. This is the whole purpose of going to college, so put them on the spot.

If they can't do that, they aren't worth the paper they print their diplomas on.

Above all else, don't get a degree in aviation science, it's not a real science, get it in engineering, math, or a host of other things that would allow you to be flexible later on and seek out other opportunities or even better piloting opportunities.

Last edited by JamesNoBrakes; 10-09-2013 at 08:49 AM.