View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 05:08 AM
Justdoinmyjob
Looking for a laugh

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
FYI Heard some guys with good connects got turned down from the initial 200 calls due to low GPAs...
Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
This is a BS standard.
That's because it's a BS rumor. I seriously only had a 2.02 GPA. Solid C student. Why? Probably because I didn't care to study any harder than the necessary minimum. Had more important things to do, (for an 18 to 21 year old,) like beer and women. Even the guy who graduates last in his class from med school is called "Doctor." Now that the drinking age is 21, maybe I would have done better.

Regardless, no one will ever know the true reason they got turned down. Plenty of people think they know the reason, but that is just their self justification. A company can open themselves up to any matter of lawsuit by telling an applicant why they weren't hired.

Keep in mind that the moment you step foot on Virginia Ave, the interview has started.Interviewees stick out like sore thumbs and are as obvious as flashing neon signs. Anyone and everyone who you interact with or who observes your behavior or overhears you talking can be a potential interviewer.

Case in point: During my interview,after lunch and right before the face to face, I was in the bathroom. As I was finishing up a gentleman came in. As I went to wash my hands, he said, "Good luck today," and I thanked him. Twenty minutes later, as I walked into the interview room, that same gentleman was sitting at the table. He grinned at me and said, "Good thing you washed your hands!" as he shook my hand.

Good luck to all the aspiring applicants. I feel comfortable that I speak for all Delta pilots when I say, "Welcome! Good luck and hurry up and get on-line!" Just keep in mind that the interview is not over just because you aren't in the "official" part of it. How you treat the cashier at the speedline is just as important as how you interact in the face to face. You never know who is watching you.