View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 05:53 PM
movinon
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Gents-
I can't thank you enough for your advice and encouragement. To paraphrase USMCFLYR, I have had a lot of cycles, and there isn't any 'bonus' in my total time to reflect that vs. cruise on autopilot; same for all the ground duties. That being said, I don't knock anyone that went the civilian route in the least. I will humbly explain the kind of flying I have done to any prospective flight department and hope that it carries some weight. I have plenty to learn when it comes to other segments of aviation and I will be an eager student.

In the meantime, I have been hired by an awesome Reserve unit and can't wait to get some more experience with them. I will be hopefully racking up hours in no time if all goes well, the creeks don't rise, and the government gets back to work. I am still going to knock on some doors in a few weeks and begin the process of getting to know the flight departments. Who knows what will shake out.

Thanks again for the advice and good words. Semper Fi, Aim High, but most of all, fly safe.