View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 06:10 PM
TANSTAAFL
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Still in one

Considering the outcome of this recall could have an immediate and lasting impact on the pay, benefits, and working conditions of Delta pilots, I certainly consider it worthy of it's own thread.

Which 66 Rep - Capt, FO, or S/T? Did he support the recall or not? I somehow kind of doubt these 4 were released without cause and no one knew there were any issues. I heard one of the individuals had openly said at the last MEC meeting either he was going or the Chairman was. Hmmmmm. Maybe your info is just the other sides spin? Sounds like the company might be putting their thumb on the scales to keep certain people around. Why would they cancel meetings if the Negotiating Committee (intact) is the one that at elected status Rep direction actually does the negotiating? Or is it an unelected appointee advisor to the NC? More things that make you go Hmmmm.

The MEC has reaffirmed on several occasions they want the MEC Chairman to have exactly this authority to hire and fire positions as opposed to being voted in/out by the Reps like fNWA where this kind of event could not have happened but by majority Rep direction.

I guess they want the MEC Chairman to have the authority to hire and fire only certain people......

Last edited by TANSTAAFL; 10-12-2013 at 06:36 PM.