jpso , 10-13-2013 08:13 AM
Lives in Base
jpso
Lives in Base
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2011
Quote: Quick questions to folks who currently fly here:

What's your typical day like? How many legs vs. waiting? revenue vs. empty legs?

Also, how does the company manage the flow of pilots vs. airplanes during the 8 on days? In other words, do you always pick up a plane at PDK or PSM on day 1 and stay with it the whole 8 days until you drop it off at domicile? Or does the company fly you commercial to pick up planes almost every other day like a NetJets would? Just trying to imagine what these 8 days would be like.

Thanks in advance for your input. Sounds like a great place to work.
feltf4 summarized it pretty well.

How many legs you fly will depend entirely on what day you're on, how many hours are left on your plane and where you are in the US at the time. Generally speaking, you should pick up an airplane on day 1 and be paired with someone on your cycle and fly for 8 days. However, this week I'm paired with someone who started 3 days after me and is not from my base. We're in the southern part of the US and only have a couple legs today. Usually when the company doesn't have any trips for us or, we're not really busy and haven't had a very busy day; we will sit standby for a few hours burning off time. To answer your last question, I've airlined to or from work 4 times in the last month.

Just imagine being called into work at 5am on day 1, working 10-13hours each day and coming home on day 8 at 9pm or later. The company has you from 4am on day 1 to 4am on day 8. Toss in what feltf4 discussed regarding airlining, taking a bus, crew car, rental car, MARTA train or whatever else operations can think of to get you to an aircraft.