View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Nosmo King
Inventory survival kit ..

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Seeking no jacket required rotations

I think there is a lot of confusion due to lack of communication between the MEC/MEC Officers and the line pilots.

My understanding is that the recall of the MEC Chairman was requested by one group of reps and that the recall of the other three officers was a separate motion by a different group of reps. There were 2 reps that didnt support either resolution.

ALPA Bylaws only require 30% of the sitting reps to request a SPECIAL MEC meeting before it becomes reality. In this case one group requested it for the Chairman recall and the other group responded by requesting the additional recalls. The decision was made to handle both requests at a single Special MECmeeting rather than at two separate Special MEC meetings.

Back of the envelope math suggests that neither group at this time has the required 2/3 senatorial to recall anyone and neither group has the required senatorial majority to request the roll call vote.

I talked to one rep that said the dysfunction is not something that just happened yesterday or in the last week . Its been percolating for many months and he thought they had run out of all other options other than a recall.

Just my $.02