At home on the maddog!
DAL 88 Driver
At home on the maddog!
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2009
  • Position
    ATL MD-88A
Quote: You might be right on this. But although Kingsley was a Moak disciple, I'm hearing he's had a genuine change of heart. When half of the elected reps are writing letters describing DALPA as a top-down, heavy handed dictatorship, you have to take notice. Especially when it is that very behavior that has brought over 5,600 cards to the DPA.

My hope is that Kingsley's finding of religion is a true conversion. I further hope that he wins this and the 4 Moak disciples he fired stay fired...Especially Capt Rick Dominguez. But like Reagan said: Trust, but verify.

Carl
Well that would be quite nice if you are right about Kingsley having a change of heart. But I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. His postings over the years on the DALPA Forum have been staunchly supportive of "everything Moak." I don't doubt that he could be wanting to change the tone and some of the processes within DALPA (to be more responsive to line pilots)... but in the end, I would bet he will continue with the same strategy... just about guaranteeing that we will not restore this profession within the time frame remaining for the vast majority of current Delta pilot's careers. This fight is about politics within DALPA. I really don't care that much about the politics. I care about the objective. Seriously doubt that Kingsley has had a change of heart about that.