View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 10:10 PM
slowplay
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Sink r8 View Post
Reading back through the couple of pages, here is what stands out to me:

1) People that are not "connected" (which would be mostly... the pilots)have no appetite for political infighting. It is repulsive, counter-productive, and costly, as described by Check. N, S, E or W, we gain NOTHING from it.

2) An ineffective MEC costs us real money, and, and a divided MEC, unless they can rally around a credible an effective administration (and keep the infighting private), is an ineffective MEC (my editorial).

3) There are pretty obvious attempts to label these issues, i.e. C20 is labeling them as cloaked Moak, and new proxies seem to suggest a NvS. Not everything either party says is fully valid, but mostly an attempt to take a position. One example, which Scambo caught, is the deferral of the "scourge" letter from the guy who signed it, to someone else.

4) There is a bunch of junk mixed in here, and cross-rep sniping, which is above most of our understanding, which is Bar's cross to bear, as he tries to guide us through the policy manual, and the Real Reps of Atlanta (and other parts).

Trying to cut through the fog, and find an upside to this. The only theme I find pertinent to any of these discussions is good governance. We're in great need of it, along with effective communications. Instead, we're getting politics. We shouldn't feel too bad: it's really a nationwide phenomenon.
Very nice post.