View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 06:38 AM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

Originally Posted by TANSTAAFL View Post
From the PM:
[CENTER]

Also pertinent, but different procedures (ALPA Admin Manual) there is rumored to be a LEC recall underway the day before the special meeting in ATL for the junior F/O Rep because he did not exercise unity in signing the recall letter with the other three ATL Reps, to be pulled if he gets with the unity program.
An important distinction to be made is that the letters that went out do not state how Reps are going to vote. Some Reps are communicating that they want to attend the meeting, hear the facts, caucus on what is best for the Delta pilots and then, after proper deliberation, cast their votes.

That means among the possible (and preferred) outcomes are unity and agreement on the same Chairman, whether it be our current Chairman, or someone else.

The strategy to threaten recall before a vote paints Reps in a corner. If they vote as demanded, then it appears they caved. If they vote against your Candidate, then you've got to defend your preemptive recall resolution.

My further concern about such a strategy is that it broadcasts that the Chairman (whoever it will be), there will be an effort to secure a LEC Rep (for his roll call votes), replace him, and launch the whole stinking mess again against the new Chairman (whoever it may be) ... so it extends the disunity into the future while we have other important work to do.

My earnest and humble guidance to all of my Reps have been to vote their conscience, for what's best for the Delta pilots (even if they happen to disagree). We need a team that respects each other, that works together and if they are on a Committee, are willing to be directed. If they are unwilling to serve their Chairman, then they should expect to be fired and take it graciously.

If the Council 44 Reps happen to agree on the best course, intelligent men with integrity can come to the same decision. I say Bravo!

Either way, I trust these men.