View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 05:51 PM
AeroCrewSolut
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2012

Originally Posted by Elcid93 View Post
So I went to two major job fairs this year, WIA and OBAP. Spirit was at neither of them, yet everyone else was. What does this say about that company?

As far as I can tell they only go to Aero Crew Solutions job fairs. You can only get hired if you go to said job fair or strong internal rec/nepotism.

So, is this a scam? Do they have a deal/kickbacks with Aero Crew Solutions and they can't go to any other fair? I have a hard time believing that a company would purposely blow off two of the bigger fairs, especially since OBAP this year was in Miami not far from Spirit's HQ.

Just an observation.
I will answer your question since I am the owner of Aero Crew Solutions. Spirit does not receive any deal or kickback by attending our job fairs. For you to say that I may run a scam is ridiculous and I take offense to your statement. I work hard to provide an event where you can meet face to face with recruiters. Spirit likes the product we provide their company. If you don't believe me ask any Spirit recruiter that has attended our events.

It is Spirit's choice on which events they attend. This month they attended Embry-Riddle's career fair in Daytona Beach on October 9th. One of my clients spent 30 minutes with the HR Manager. Attending a WAI or OBAP event costs thousands of dollars because the event lasts a minimum of 4 days. Spirit may prefer our job fairs because the majority of times they are the only major airline attending. The recruiters have stated to me they appreciate the pilots who attend. They understand that it costs time, money and effort to attend a job fair.

Spirit uses the job fair as recruiting event plain and simple. There are no back room deals. If you have any questions please send me a PM so we can talk about any issues you may have about my company. I truly wish you the best in your career.