View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Normann
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: 320*****

Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
I've been told that some guys have been leaving for United, who most likely want to see the college degree box checked. If you don't have a degree, wouldn't that give the people in HR some reassurance that you'll stick around?
There was one guy who went back to AA. I now him personally, he simply hated everything about Spirit and he was all about long haul intl. I don't know anyone else who went back to UAL or AA or any other legacies. I personally know four guys who still have a number at a legacy, two UAL and two AA. The ones I know are not going back and two of them are FOs still.

Cool aid effect is powerful here More important than that, the guys with numbers are older guys. Often they are after QOL more than anything. Our contract provides for good QOL but the fast movement does real magic to it. Pay wise, even if you work your basic line, your financial outlook is equal to a legacy if you consider the fast upgrade. If you can and are willing to work OT you are way better off here financially. Why leave?

Regardless the above, I am sure some guys will leave. But I have not flown with a single new hire who said he would. I doubt there is going to be a mass exodus like the one we had in 2007. I just managed to get an interview for a friend who has a Master's and the usual jet PIC 121. He got an interview no problem. Another one with a 4y degree and same background got the long app without going to the fair. So I doubt they are ignoring guys with 4/6y degrees.