View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 03:11 PM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

What I'm trying to say, is it sucks to:
1) Try to help someone out, so
2) You give up your seat
3) You make the Flight Attendant "testy" ... and
4) You have to find something to try to smooth the situation over, and
5) The guy you were trying to help (and taking the heat for) has an attitude like:
Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
All those seats are owned by the airline and controlled by the captain. Flight attendants shouldn't have a say and nobody should ever have to "bribe" to be in a jumpseat....It isn't an equal situation.
Originally Posted by DALMD88FO View Post
I agree about jumpseaters helping jumpseaters, however carrying bribes is a personal choice. I used to do it, but it's not necessary. Some FA's have actually come to expect it if we use their jumpseat, forgetting that it is actually the Captains jumpseat.
Not that you have a bad attitude at all. Just saying if guys like me are going to try to help jumpseaters, then try to help us help you. I'm a junior FO with a good internet connection. It's easy for me to beat you to a jumpseat, but hard for me to talk to a Flight Attendant about "Captain's authority" when frankly she could go get a rating, get experience, get hired at a less stagnant airline and make Captain before I ever will.

The Original Poster was making a point about guys like me. I'm saying, be considerate and help us help you.