Old 10-29-2013, 09:39 AM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Seriously!

Perhaps Purple wasn't clear enough. When you say "the gouge was good" you are outing yourself as a cheater. Maybe its part of the system but it should probably go unsaid.

I have no clue how hiring departments view "gouge" but I'm guessing they get tired of hearing the same answer over and over.
I douby there's an HR dept out there that actually thinks, desires or looks for applicants to show up "just being themselves" and wing it. In fact, without exception, every one that I'm aware of not only expects it, they desire it. If an applicant can't bother to prepare for something that important, most employers don't want them there in the first place.

Now if you're talking about "canned answers" or whatever, then of course. But they know how to spot that. Its their job to. All of them. But they expect and demand that you show up prepared and ready for the big day.

That said, I'd keep the details somewhat vague for the folks replying just for general discretion and anonymity. But that's up to them.