Thread: Erj Hard Landing?

dogpilot , 01-29-2006 09:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off
dogpilot
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Apr 2005
Quote: Whole story as I understand it...

Background: LY (not Yeager BTW) was an arrogant (but hot) little **** who did Mesa's Zero-Hero program at San Juan. She apparently slept her way through several training events. Famous LY Quote: "I'll be at united while you're still in the 1900 because I'm a woman"
Upon her upgrade from 1900 FO to ERJ CA, a super-senior 1900 CA who had flown with her stated that she would put one in the ground within 6 months .
The NTSB report is good reading, but the summary is that gross miss-flying, gross miss-judgement, and gross lack of CRM made for a SERIOUS hard landing and damaged airplane. The crew (CA, FO, FA) went to the hotel, after which LY, apparently concerned about the landing, returned to the field to inspect the jet. She then returned to the hotel in an extremely agitated state of mind. The FA was supposed to DH out on the same A/C in the AM, but he refused to fly on that jet. Hmmmm.
Another crew took the plane to CLT in the AM (still dark), and I think a third crew found the damage by daylight. First two crews got fired, and sim instructor (who I think was a regional chief pilot) got fired because he had banged LY during her training. I'm told LY is pursuing a new and different career. I think mesa learned a lesson, because a girl I knew was given the bums rush out the door after sim session 4, so they don't seem interested in getting chicks/minorities through training at any cost any more.
Me thinks you sound a bit like a bigot in your post, an HR dream!