View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 11:28 AM
Sink r8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Originally Posted by iceman49 View Post
Sink, I agree about the dysfunction, but what or who created that dysfunction...I think that's where the disagreement and questions come in.
We all hear bits and pieces, but I think the bottom line is too many of the reps are willing to get mired into broad-based and philosophical conflicts. They're not spending enough time on practical issues.

As I understand it, there is also a fundamental difference about whether you give a more empowered Chairman the authority to act on behalf of the MEC, or whether you have the MEC run the committees, and marginalize the Chairman position.

With one approach, you're always in danger of having a dictator step in, and potentially overstay his welcome, or the opposite RedGreen, where you're never in danger of anyone agreeing on anything, because 19 guys are trying to run a handful of guys, with mo obvious chain of command.

Two sorts of political systems.

In my mind, you hire and fire the best people you can find, give them enough authority to prove themselves, but you still don't let them grow roots.

We need good people, with term limits.