Thread: Compass updates
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 04:03 PM
ACessential
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by conquestdz View Post
How many MIT grads of any GPA are applying to Compass anyway? Seems like a silly point to argue. As a side note, the training at Compass is mostly self study, and people who can't study well enough to get a decent GPA are going to have a harder time self pacing and self motivating to get through the countless hours of really boring CBT while picking the useful info out from the rest of clutter. This is different from other training programs that have you in class every day presenting all of the things that you have to learn on your own at Compass.
What I got out of training at Compass is that they are not overly concerned about your knowledge level of the airplane and manuals. Its more about learning the procedures the Compass way and basically learning how to operate a computer based airplane. Its incredible how freaking automated that thing is.

The CBT training is a joke, its some computer voice reading slides and then you take a quiz (of which you have multiple attempts) at the end. The oral is a breeze and the only thing I can really see people struggle with is in the actual sim.

I honestly don't see how this GPA thing plays a huge factor into the interview process. Sure,if someone had less than say a 2.4 GPA, then maybe thats a red flag. Some of the most book smart pilots I have flown with (of which I'm sure all had excellent GPAs) were not confident decision makers and had crappy CRM skills (not to mention bad flying skills).