Thread: endeavor hiring
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 03:25 PM
higney85
Property of Scheduling

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Bus driver

Originally Posted by Squawk87 View Post
I hope you don't think of Silver and Great Lakes...

Can you think of a worse place, that operates CRJ 900 equivalent equipment?...
You named silver and lakes.... Can you name an equivalent?

As much as everyone is negative, I'm thinking more positive from what I have seen. I'm not saying I will refer anyone, but the supply/demand curve is about to get tested at endeavor. Without any signing bonus (compared to other regionals), it's all about pay/QOL/career expectations. If the current model doesn't work... Guess what... The current scale goes on a "curve".

My ideas, and already passed on.

1. S3B travel mainline
2. Uniform allowance $30/mo for all.
3. SSP for all seniority list pilots
4. 5th&6th year FO pay rates @ 60% CA pay by seniority
5. Hats/wings/name tags supplied, $100 one-time "shirt" payment
6. No furlough clause for all seniority list pilots prior to hiring.

Try it.

You want more? Excellent. Make it hit metrics to get into a multi-million dollar mainline career.

After posting:

I'm not condoning anything... Other carriers can be better short term, maybe long term, maybe with or without a contract. In this hiring process, mainline DL will make known intentions. Folks want CPZ.... Why? Low longevity and guys are flowing... DL is far from stupid. If the SSP can reach down into the "longevity pay" ranks, they will keep on... And guess what.. If you are here.. You benefit.

I have recommended 3 folks in my whole life, all hired, all of which are now in the "inner circle". I'm not special in any way, but I refuse to recommend someone that I would not defend to the nth degree in any case.

Last edited by higney85; 11-02-2013 at 03:40 PM.