Old 11-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Jetjok
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by Dakota Kid View Post
I asked this question to an interview prep company. They stated that the airline is asking if you ever paid a fine. The question does not state that they want any fines besides traffic. The prep company said that the airline is expecting you to list all fines paid. My two cents worth, do what you want.
+1.

But basically, what a crock of crap. Thankfully I've retired and don't have to entertain the thought of having to explain to some suit-wearing personnel jerk that "yes", I did once pay a fine. I believe it was back when I was in 4th grade and I had kept a library book out a week longer than I was supposed to. I think the fine was right about 35 cents.

Seriously though, I believe the key to doing well on interviews is to be as truthful as possible, within reason. I say this after being hired by two airlines and a trucking company (PAA, FedEx, and UPS.) From my time at a real job, having dealt with a large non-aviation related company's personnel department, over about ten years, I can say that there is very little that the company will disclose about someone who has left their employ. Lawsuits are the main deterrent. As for attendance, I can't even imagine a personnel department would have that information, never mind actually giving it out.

Best of luck to you all.