Old 11-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Bad-Andy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Recalled....

Originally Posted by CanoePilot View Post
You've made some good points but the amended suit did include SWA in the analysis.
Again, they only included them on the direct head-to-head routes. Even the amended suit failed to consider outlying/alternative airports -- including SWA (for example MDW against ORD, FLL against MIA, BWI against DCA, OAK with SFO, etc...). Anyone with half a brain sees that these are competitive routes. Yet the DoJ denies that..... That was my point. And, they still only used the pre-merger SWA in their HHI calculations. How does that work?????

Anyways, I'm not saying that I think it's a done deal. Far from it. I have been sending out apps and resumes in the last month or so. I'm hopeful that it will happen (and am generally optimistic that it will), but that doesn't mean I'm not setting up a back-up plan in case it tanks... If the merger fails, my guess is that some people will stay and be quite happy at US and others will start to look elsewhere. One thing I do think is that if the merger fails, we will have trouble filling classes once Delta really picks up hiring, FedEx starts hiring again, and our contract stays so crappy with the internal squabbling going on... Maybe the company will have no choice but to intervene and settle this thing once and for all.

Or not. Let's just hope the merger happens soon.....