View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 09:42 AM
FLY6584
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 737 right
Default T6 vs T1 IP Time?

I am a previous T6 FAIP that went to a 707 platform following my FAIP tour. I have about a year left until I am eligible for another assignment and I am trying to decide what to do. I can either push to extend at my current assignment and stay in my current platform or try to get back to AETC as a UPT or PIT IP to finish out my UPT ADSC. I will definitely be getting out at the end of my ADSC and would like to know what will set me up better for getting hired at a Major.

Ideally I would like to get back to the T-1, but T-1's are rare and it is much easier to get a T-6. I really enjoyed flying the T-6 and would not mind going back to it, but I don't want to hose myself for a job in the airlines. Now I know Turbine Instructor Time is Turbine Instructor Time, but I also know some airlines distinguish between Multi and Single Turbine PIC.

Luckily I was able to start out as an AC in my current platform so by the end of my current assignment I will have the 1000 Mutli Turbine PIC requirement that I have seen companies like Fed Ex require, but how big of a deal is it that I continue to get more Multi Turbine PIC time? Will that T6 time be just as good for the Majors besides Fed Ex? And are there any other Majors that look for a lot of Multi Turbine PIC time like Fed Ex does?

As always thanks for the help guys.