View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 10:12 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by FLY6584 View Post
Now I know Turbine Instructor Time is Turbine Instructor Time, but I also know some airlines distinguish between Multi and Single Turbine PIC.
For most US airlines military SE TPIC is usually GTG. They don't care much for civilian SE TPIC, but military time is different.

Originally Posted by FLY6584 View Post
Luckily I was able to start out as an AC in my current platform so by the end of my current assignment I will have the 1000 Mutli Turbine PIC requirement that I have seen companies like Fed Ex require, but how big of a deal is it that I continue to get more Multi Turbine PIC time? Will that T6 time be just as good for the Majors besides Fed Ex? And are there any other Majors that look for a lot of Multi Turbine PIC time like Fed Ex does?
Good that you have 1000 ME TPIC. I would probably try to extend in your current slot if you're getting decent hours. FDX/UPS do seem to appreciate heavy time. You already have the instructor ticket punched, so no real need to do it again IMO. Otherwise apply for T-1's, but since they're not heavy I don't see a huge advantage there over the T-6. Even if you go to the T-6 you should still be plenty competitive assuming you have the total time.

I think the main thing for you at this point is just to stay current until you leave AD. If you don't get picked up by a major right off AD, then be prepared to go either guard/reserve, corporate, or regional to stay current until you get called.