View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 09:35 PM
E2CMaster
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: BE350 PIC

Did both more or less..

Did Sheppard at home for 4 days a couple hours a day, and then did the AATPs thing yesterday for written.

Sheppard's and AATPs are both about the same in fuctionality.

Sheppard is better in that I saw ZERO questions on the written that weren't on the program.

There were 2-3 out of 80 that weren't on the AATPs, not counting the test questions.

AATP is better in that when you need to look at a figure, you have the same book you have on the test in front of you, so you know where to flip for figure so and so.

I used them less for "memorize answers" and more of a "what will they ask and where the heck do I find it" guide.

BOTH had the "Wrong Answer" for definition of "Stabilized Approach" but the guys at AATPs said they think the testing software may be wrong. Downside, is it tells you what questions you got wrong, but not what you answered so it's hard to judge if you were wrong, stupid (right, but clicked wrong answer by accident) or unlucky (computer thinks wrong answer is right one).

Got a 93.

That was after not doing jack or anything for civilian aviation in 12 years, and having not touched a plane in two. Have flown the sim to maintain instrument currency, which saved me a good deal of $$ and pain on getting instrument proficient.