View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 04:28 PM
satpak77
Working weekends

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Left Seat

Originally Posted by mullet03 View Post
I finished my MBA recently and it isn't the standard Toro/TUI/Trident check the box type. I'm trying to do learn more about the industry and Asian carriers in particular as I may want to work for a service provider as opposed to simply applying for a middle management job at the airline. Does 121 stuff apply to international carriers as well? What part of ICAO regs do I need to get smart on?
I recommend going to a job fair (even for Pilots) and meet company reps, and hand them your resume even if non-flying position is requested. ICAO regs may or may not be important to a carrier who may hire you. Also, subscribe to Aviation Week and Air Transport World and get spooled up on issues facing the industry.

Service providers off the top of my head would be Boeing, GE Capital (finance the jets), even the banks themselves. As far as Asian carriers, don't have any advice on that. If I was an MBA looking for a job with an Asian carrier, I would probably go to the closest airport where that carrier(s) serves (LAX?) and physically tackle the station chief and ask him for HR emails, POCs, etc etc.