Thread: Early Outs
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 05:12 AM
XHooker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by CousinEddie View Post
Sure it is. The company pays 2/3 the cost of the program and the pilot group pays 1/3 via monthly payroll deduction. I'm glad we have the program and want to see it continue on in future contracts. However, are you interested in paying inflated premiums down the road so otherwise healthy and fully capable pilots can sit at home for years while you continue to work? Sorry Dave, I don't have any interest in paying for fraud. Objecting to that is kool-aid drinking? Wow.
Cuz, while I'd agree with your premise about this constituting fraud and hurting the pilot group, I have a hard time getting too worked up about it. The reality is management games the system and uses every loophole to maximize their pay. We're playing by separate rules. If the leaders in corporate America actually showed some ethics and led, the workers might actually follow the positive example. Right now anyone gaming the LTD system (if anyone is actually gaming it) is just following the negative example set by the corporate "leadership" in this country. No, this isn't just an airline issue.