View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 03:06 PM
NightIP
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

Originally Posted by thesandbox View Post
conversation spark.....
yep....767 rates just about the same as JetBlue and Spirit A320 rates with 10 hours less guarantee and more days per month.
Absolutely, and like we've talked about, the seniority issue is a big concern. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a bit raw about constant hiring on the 747 while we're stuck at lower pay rate, simply because we had previous 767 experience.

I know...we knew it going in, but...

Originally Posted by Talon1011 View Post
I'd venture to say that if one is focused on the single issue of pay then most likely you'll be miserable unless you were working for whomever is currently at the top of the heap. ....and the top of the heap changes places regularly. If you add quality of life and enjoyment of the type of flying being done then it's more likely that the result will be better. Granted, those things are different for different people. What I consider great quality of life and thoroughly enjoyable flying may be an anathema to the next fellow. Atlas is a perfect fit for me. It may or may not be for you. It's extremely important to sort that out early on in the game.
I agree...I like it here a lot, and I'm really just taking a lot of this stuff in stride (I have no choice). This company is vastly better than my previous company, in pay, work rules, and overall treatment. I'd love for this to be my last stop, and now is the time to discuss and prepare for the next round of negotiations.