View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 12:37 PM
satpak77
Working weekends

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Left Seat

Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
I think you're defining QOL as left seat? Looking at their pay scale, SWA seems like a great place to be an FO forever. How much money is enough varies for everyone, but SWA FO ranks better than "ok" in my book.

- No dog in the fight, I think SWA is a great airline, but for a variety of reasons (mostly domicile) it is not currently one of my top choices.
As was stated earlier, pay arguably should be last on your list, unless Airline ABC is $300K as an FO and Airline ZZZ is $150K as FO. With that said, commutability, variety of equipment and routes, and "senior life" as an FO, would be factors. Higher pay but multi-leg commute to get it, is it "better deal" than lower pay and no commute? I don't know, but something to think about. I posted earlier that if this was 1995, with SWA booming and growing, I would probably choose SWA over the others. However it is 2013, and AA seems to have a bright future. Plus I would argue it is easier to commute within the AA system versus the SWA system. At least I would think so.

Good Luck