View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 09:53 AM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by VenetianFryCook View Post
Ah yes, the world's biggest lie! The Airbus envelope protections. Tell me, when is the last time you needed to exceed 30 degrees pitch up, 15 degrees pitch down, or 60 degrees of bank in an airliner? In my several thousand hours flying them, it has never happened. The only reasonable scenario for this would be an unusual attitude recovery, and should you be thrown in such a scenario in the Airbus, you WILL have full authority to recover the airplane.

And, contrary to popular belief, I can even fire all the electrons and fly the 'bus just like a "real airplane"!! Yes, it is still FBW, and my stick inputs are processed by a computer and sent to the flight controls ... but the same thing happens on FBW airplanes like the B777, B787, E170/190, etc. It's just the size and shape of your stick that's different. Can't speak for you, but I'm not hung up on that sort of thing!
Fine. If you like it good for you. I don't like the sidestick thingy and the non existant secondary inputs of the machine at all. Frankly, I think it is an unsafe design unless you don't know anything else, and even then it is problematic... IMHO. But to each his own. I have no interest in it, so I won't get in your way when the 330s arrive. didn't mean for this to escalate into a Boeing vs airbus argument.. enjoy your airplane, I'll enjoy mine.