View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 11:30 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by RyanK290 View Post
I don't have any similar incidents on my record. And as I said, that was the last ticket I got so hopefully that will speak for itself with regards to me learning my lesson. But I will of course be honest and put it down on my applications. And 83 in a 65 is reckless?! And its been almost 11 years. Anyways, like most aspiring airline pilots I've put a lot of work into my flying career and hopefully something like this won't be too big of a road block.
You'll probably be OK after 11 years and a clean driving record. In the interview you can explain that this was just "speeding reckless" and not "real reckless". Don't cop an attitude, and do own up to it but it's OK to explain that it was just highway cruise-control speeding.

As far as the automated application screening systems...who knows, nobody can answer that one. I assume they automatically reject any applicant with reckless/DUI (saves having to pay a person to actually consider and weigh all factors), but hopefully they have an "expiration date" for something like this. But I think if you can get past the computer, you'll be fine.

Last edited by rickair7777; 11-19-2013 at 11:48 AM.