View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Sputnik
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Petting Zoo

Originally Posted by itsokimapilot View Post
I've flown around the world and had some great crew rests. A 24 hour turn is about the worst thing for your body. Give me 16 or 36 hours off. At least then I can get some rest when I land and not fight my body to stay awake to get a good night's sleep before the next incredibly boring 10 hour leg. Those of you that enjoy crossing multiple time zones and seeing another European city with a big church in the square and having a coffee or beer in the plaza, good for you. Been there, done that. I'd much rather fly in the ol US of A and hit BW3s and be able to use my cell phone to talk to the kids every night. I'm sure that international travel suits some. If you haven't done it before, don't let the old heads on here fill your brains with all the fluff. I may be in the minority on this board, but I'm really looking forward to primarily domestic flying in this next career.
I had a blast flying the C17. I guessing (hoping?) that flying international is a considerably more civilized endeaver. Considering the duty restrictions, as compared to AMC, I would expect to land significantly better rested.

Just a thought.

I'll get a job, before I start complaining about it.