View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 11:27 AM
RedeyeAV8r
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by Browntail
What are you world pilots going to do if UPS would allow us to fly OUR own flight 174 from DAY to BRU carrying OUR freight volume? How can you, a contractor, consider flights that you fly as a contractor struck work? You shouldn't be flying that trip in the first place, but that's an entirely different issue altogether.
Hey guys.( BrownTail)...........don't blame the World Pilots for flying UPS contract freight under a contract! It is not their fault I suspect that is a due to a weakness in your own scope clause or complete lack there of.

Don't take that a criticism because we in the Purple/orange world have similiar weaknesses. We are trying to fix that in this contract........but who knows.

If you cross the World Picket line to fly Their contract..........even if it is your (UPS's contract) freight, How would that help either cause??
When the World guys settle and hopefully it will be soon.................do you want them crossing your picket line in the next few months if you guys are forced to Strike?....................I think not.

We got to stop the in-fighting and support each other when that particular group is in contract negotiations............especially when that group is forced to Strike...........

We at Fedex supported the Polar/Atlas pilots when they struck a few months ago............Many Fedex pilots joined them on their picket lines around the system.....................even though Polar/Atlas flys a substantial amount of FedEx freight!

Am I happy about all the outsourcing of flying FedEx does? Not at all.
But it isn't the fault of Gemini, Atlas, Polar.........and even UPS (yes you fly some of our stuff in South America).

It is the lack of Scope provisions.................That is between us and Management..................

Stop inflighting and be supportive of each others efforts...........

Redeye