View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 09:05 AM
JoeMerchant
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: CRJ200 Capt.

Originally Posted by ohplease! View Post
1. Who cares?!?!? Mainline airlines are making historical profits and paying the guy who empties the LAV more in bonuses quarterly than you'll EVER see...not to mention what the FA's, gate agents and pilots are getting...on top of their nice pay increases.

I certainly don't expect that due to us being FEED and not mainline but, THEIR IS NO REASON TO BE STAGNANT OR BACKSLIDE ON PAY OR BENEFITS.
I don't disagree with your frustration...Believe me I share it. Remember the PID? Remember RJDC? The past 2 decades, the ASA and CMR pilots attempted to prevent this whipsaw within a brand so that this wouldn't happen. However most of the pilots here didn't support any of that. Our national union, combined with our "mainline brothers", helped cause this.

In 1998, I voted NO on the first TA. In 1998, I helped negotiate what was then an industry leading contract because the first TA was far from industry leading. In 1998, our net profit margin was 15 percent. This isn't 1998. In 2013 we currently have the industry leading contract. In 2013 we have a TA that pushes the two industry leading contracts a tad bit further. In 2013 we have no net profit.

I'm as ****ed about this situation as anyone. However it is never good to get emotional when making business decisions.

Originally Posted by ohplease!
It's pitiful you have boxed yourself into such a corner that you will sit there and cower in fear that your job may vanish....
Far from it. I've been preparing to retire early since 2000 as even Ray Charles could have seen this train wreck coming. Either way, the ASA side still probably has 6 to 8 years left in it which is all I need.