Old 11-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Tom a Hawk
What’s it doing now?

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: 190CA

Originally Posted by howard500 View Post
Here is a question;

In their job description before you hit 'apply' it says, in bold:

"*JetBlue will only consider PIC time when the Pilot has signed for the aircraft. Please use only this time when completing the areas of the application asking for PIC time to be entered."

During the app itself they ask for a specific PIC number. I have just over 1000 hrs PIC but its all in general aviation part 91/flight instructing....

Does this mean only 121 PIC time is PIC, no 91 stuff? In my limited experience I've only seen 121 operations 'sign for the aircraft'.

Im confused.....

Also. To those who have finished the app; Im waiting to recieve various letters of recommendation and I'm afraid the app window will close before I receive them.

Ive read the thread, but I'm still unsure if once you submit the app, you can still modify and attach things to the "10 supporting documents" section....

Thanks and good luck to all!
Howard,

What they are trying to get at is some pilots in 121 think that if they have a type rating and are sole manipulators of the controls that is pic. This may be true in a legal sense but it doesn't represent the person who was ultimately responsible ie; the captain. That is the reason for this statement. I believe you can apply the same logic to part 91 instructing. Assuming you had a medical and were current and qualified in the aircraft, all time giving instruction YOU are the pic. you are ultimately responsible for the aircraft, not the student learning something new.