View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 07:31 PM
HSLD
APC co-founder

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: B777

Originally Posted by stuart716 View Post
why dont you offer solutions to peoples questions instead of trying to make them look stupid on a public forum. don't you think it would be better for someone to ask a question instead of going around not knowing?

Consider what's on the line, and why a user would suggest more experience for a potential applicant might be prudent. I didn't take the suggestion to CFI a bit more as rude, in fact it's probably doing a guy who doesn't know the answer a favor.

The questions posed are pretty basic book answers that could be found in the Jepp index pages, PTS, or AIM. I also find it troubling (and a little embarrassed for the poster) to turn to a forum for these answers instead of doing their own homework.

Would you want to fly with someone that doesn't bring the book answers to the cockpit much less operational experience? I'd hate to be on the interview board at regional airlines these days trying to fill the seats while keeping standards at a reasonable level.

Who really thinks that just because a guy or girl has 250 hours and a multi ticket means they're ready to go fly the line in a jet? A Captain's job is to mentor new pilots, although where do you draw the line at flight instruction for supposed "professional" pilots or know when to say when if you find yourself flying "single pilot".

Finally, after my pontificating, I re-read the original post and I think the original poster is passing on gouge - not asking the questions.