View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 10:32 AM
oldmako
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: The GF of FUPM

16% is correct. Your contribution optional. Brain scan mandatory if you elect to skip it, unless you can prove a giant pile of funds elsewhere, extraordinary need or sickly well heeled relatives.

Its probably the last good deal at UAL. Well...that and delicious and generous crew meals. Can you spell Barf? That's from the Blue perspective. I'm not sure how the CAL guys feel. Yo Black... Bark!

Prudent commuter policy is still in effect as far as I know. I don't spend as much time scrutinizing the FOM as I used to thanks to the wonderful treatment I've received as an employee of the big tulip....er...hairnet. Just remember this - no matter what's in the book, if you commute and have issues making a trip, you'll have issues with the crew desk and the CP. I don't care what the book says, experience and the experience of MANY others dictates otherwise. Jump through all the hoops, dot all the i's, get your prudence on....and still get in more than lukewarm water. The lines are thin, so squint. Glad to hear others have had better luck, but I am one leery pastel psycho.

Of course there is a silver bullet. But, you'll steep for that too.

Last edited by oldmako; 11-27-2013 at 10:50 AM.