View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 09:49 AM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by txbusdriver View Post
I'm on the outside looking in. The above comment is spot on based on previous experience at two ALPA carriers. It's my opinion that Delta going in house weakens the entire profession which will eventually have an impact on the pilots at a Delta Airlines.

Yes I witnessed the dysfunction of ALPA several times. That said it is critical that every pilot remain engaged and not become jaded to the process. Your local MEC has to have the stones to disagree with ALPA national and say no.
At this point a lot of it is out of DPA's (or anyone else's) hands. Much of this will come down to the TWA litigation IMHO. There is no way ALPA members, most of which are at lower middle class to borderline food stamp levels, are somehow going to be saddled with 20-50K each to magically enable a non existent at the time bankrupt airline's retroactive relative seniority fantasy re-do. That one issue alone will cause DL or UAL to leave, and once that happens all will leave and it will collapse. Either way the ambluance chasers won't get their fantasy billion dollar payday. If that causes a weakening at the national level, that will be something we all, including the AA/TWA pilots will have to deal with in trick down pattern bargaining. Oh well. We're not being saddled with that kind of burden to placate their seniority re-do fantasy, so whatever it takes it takes.