View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Sanchez
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: ERJ Right Seat

Originally Posted by alexk1980 View Post
Today was my first day of IOE. Besides being new at the game all went pretty well, toward the end of the day I felt somewhat confident about what was taking place up there. Although, it went well, I felt 30 miles behind the aircraft, especially on landing. My approach and landing were out of what the profile calls for and it seems like learning to land all over, the feeling is comprable to when you first started landing when you got your PPL, overwhelming... Any pointers for IOE and how to make it all come together?

There's only so much you can do during OE, the rest comes with time. Learning a transport category aircraft is no easy task, the best thing you can do on and off OE is ask for input. Learn as much as you can from the captains. One thing that helped me tremendously with the landings was "ghosting" the Captains when it was their landing. No one ever had a problem with it, and it really helped to get the feel of it.

After a while, and because of repetition it will become second nature...just give it time.