View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 05:10 AM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by tim123 View Post
If this is true,why does moak make 2x the salary,and why should we keep moak?
First off, I am not sure your "2x" is accurate. Don't really care actually. But just for grins I'll stipulate that it is.

Moak is a politician. Moak is in DC. Them's facts. We have the most corrupt government on the planet. (I would love to debate that, but it IS a fact...) In order to get favor from that government, it is actually pretty simple, but you need 2 things: access and money. Let's examine the second thing first. Money. The PAC and (I assume) the portion of our dues that goes to legislative affairs take care of that. the other is access. That is where Moak comes in. He is the head of the largest pilot labor union in the country. His voice will be heard... at least on some level.. by those corrupt politicians that make policy decisions. Is it worth it? I despise our federal government and those 535 at that level because of their corrutpness, but it is the way it is. I would rather have a glad handing Lee Moak there working for me than nobody... which is what you will get with alternate individual representation. (See the quote at the end)

Whatever decision you choose to make, please don't make it based on envy (or disgust) of Moak's take-home..... It has been changed downward in recent years, and if it is truly deemed out of line, it can be again. THAT is where your focus should be if you are truly bothered by it.

One of the greatest statements of all time, by one of the greatest Americans of all time:
"We must indeed all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately." Benjamin Franklin