View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 11:24 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Flyboyxc91 View Post
USMCFLYR, thanks for the input buddy, I am obviously still very inexperienced and aching to learn all I can! In reference to your statement you are correct. I may have been a little bold the way I worded my original post which you have referred. I do believe that my statement holds weight however in the fact that most new rated pilots have a good degree of proficiency especially related to others such as regular PPLs but I guess it may not be as true comparing that relationship to commercial type flying! Maybe that's a better way to see it.

At any rate, I have been thinking of the ANG/Reserve slots but I do not know much about the process to get a pilot slot etc. I am assuming maybe similar to the lines of USAF OTS and then UPT?.. I would like to fly airlines so in that situation I would fly my airline job and fly reserve when I was needed correct? I hear your airline makes sure that you get that time without penalty..?
There are numeroous threads about the path to a ANG/Reserve slot on both this site and baseops.net.
If that is a route that interests you then the established threads will start you down the right path.
It is a lot of work. It takes dedication.
You have to want it.

Enjoy the ride.