View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 12:26 PM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by TheManager View Post
Why bless your heart Johnso. It appears you don't quite understand their motivations at USAPA. They really don't care about the money. It is secondary. It's seniority and the grab for it that motivates them.

You see Johnso, they feel they win either way.

If they can successfully avoid implementing The Nic, they win the ultimate war.

If they can stall it for years, like they have, they can capture the massive attrition they have on the east side solely for east pilots. The more east pilots they put in an empty east captain seat is also a big win for them.

For the easties, it's not about the benjamin$.
If it's not about the benjamin$, then why is upgrade so important?

Originally Posted by TheManager View Post
First of all, a blatant bull $h!t flag for you homey.

Current rates.

USAirways 12 year a320 captain. $125
USAirways 12 year a320 f/o. $ 85
______

$ 210

Delta a320 f/o. $ 135

Oh, did you mean to write Delta captain instead of f/o

Delta a320 capt. $197

And a little factual footnote. They are in line for massive pay raises in January.

Would C12k have passed without the massive sales push behind it?

Just look how it was presented, or not, to the reps. Took it straight to the chair?

Bottom line. It was not optimal nor what I expected for a return on my family's investment.
Yes I meant CA, but mistakenly typed FO.

Airways 320 crew $210 per hour
Delta 7ER CA $213 per hour.
Delta 767/330 CA $241 per hour
Delta 747/777 CA $255 per hour

WRT the massive sales job, are you implying that we as individuals are too stupid to see past the so called sales job? Or perhaps 62% of the pilot group felt the TA was acceptable?

BTW, what's DALPA supposed to say? Here guys. This TA is a POS, but it's the best we can get. Vote YES. And Airways guys getting "massive" raises isn't saying much when they currently earn $86 per hour. They have every other pilot group to thank. They didn't have to work since their peers already raised the bar. My goodness. Even Virgin America FOs currently make more.