View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 11:46 AM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by AceOnTheRiver View Post
Heard from a friend of mine that had a junior UsAir pilot on the jumpseat that they are hoping to re-work the AA seniority list and move the Eagle pilots down on the list since they weren't real major pilots for all of their AA seniority. This 5 year UsAir guy evidently has little respect for former Eagle pilots on the AA list and thinks he should be senior to all of them that have less then 5 years of real airline pilot flying. I must admit I had a good laugh at the whole seniority grab scheme and I can see what the AWA guys have been dealing with. If these guys are already coming up with seniority grab schemes then we might as well not worry about negotiating a mutual lists since they are delusional.
LOL !!!!

That idiot obviously knows nothing about Supplement W/Letter 3 and is just hoping to use HIS seniority as a benchmark for a grab. It wouldn't surprise me to see USAPA try this though. It would be exactly something they would do. I've heard their supporters rationalize just about anything and everything on this forum so far.

Interesting concept though. If one side can propose to cherry pick pilots out of their relative seniority, then the other side could too. I could think of all kinds of benchmarks myself to mangle the non-AA list(s) in the SLI, many of which could get me more seniority than I'd lose under that jumpseat idiots desires.

It another sad reality that this "merger" may very well have the most fragmented pilot group in the industry.