View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 03:35 PM
BTDT
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: 17 S.E. of Kedzi
Wink

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
I have no idea what you are trying to spell out here.
I asked what you did for this utility company.
If you want to keep it some sort of secret - that is fine.
I was just asking.

Can I say the same about what as a pilot?

It sounds like you have some fiscal responsibility.
Do you think you are alone in that on this board?

Don't strain yourself patting your own back there BTDT
I am sorry if I offended you as that was not my intent. I am also not trying to pat myself on the back. People who know me would say I am not competitive (maybe the reason I do not fly) laid back and certainly not egotistical.

There was talk of pending legislation that would allow utilities to trade which would be some sort of pollution credits for coal fired plants. Ours is just completing over 700 million in "scrubbers" allowing the generating stations to be in compliance with EPA rules. That is what I thought you meant by saying the best time to look for a job is while you still have one since some utilities would be negatively affected.

I just find it humorous that many in aviation can be the ultimate optimists.

I thought I had mentioned a page or two back that I am a gas man. Aside from periodic flatulance I work with natural gas as a gas serviceman. A first responder to hit lines, leaks in homes and buisinesses, pipe fitter, CO calls, turn people's utilities on and off, fire calls etc. I have also shut off thousands of people for non payment. That can get rather interesting and I have been threatened more than once.

We check a place out for compliance with the National Fuel Gas Code and work under the auspices of DOT. Yes the DOT is responsible for regulating the transmission and distribution of natural gas through their arm called PHMSA. Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration.

Did I dream of being a gas man? hecka no but whatever works.