View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 06:29 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
I am sorry if I offended you as that was not my intent. I am also not trying to pat myself on the back. People who know me would say I am not competitive (maybe the reason I do not fly) laid back and certainly not egotistical.
BTDT -

You don't see posting your paycheck (which is good btw) on a public forum as a little egotistical, braggart, or back patting?
You really look back on this sentence and don't see yourself patting your own back:
Not many will go to this extent to prove a point that I will but I will ask how many career pilots on this board can post something comparable to this. Two weeks net after deductions including my pre tax 401k deducted and I was sleeping in my own bed every night. No college education either.
...and you tried to post a second pic too For what purpose?

There was talk of pending legislation that would allow utilities to trade which would be some sort of pollution credits for coal fired plants. Ours is just completing over 700 million in "scrubbers" allowing the generating stations to be in compliance with EPA rules. That is what I thought you meant by saying the best time to look for a job is while you still have one since some utilities would be negatively affected.
I was agreeing with the part of your previous post when you said:
Most people will walk into an interview nervous as hell, on edge with their brain going ten miles a minute hoping to say what the employer wants to hear. I walked into the interview with no concern for any of that, had a beard, plain button up shirt and jeans thinking let the chips fall where they may. They asked if they hired me how do they know I will not leave to fly again. My response was if they hire me how do I know they will not lay me off.
Simply it is a good feeling to go into an interview and not NEED the job. If I cared to interview for another job right now it would be very easy because I really enjoy my job/mission, the flying, the aircraft, the people, and heck - I even like the pay and benefits So if I went into a job interview tomorrow I could sit across from the panel and honestly ask - why should I work for you? People don't always have that luxury wouldn't you agree?

I just find it humorous that many in aviation can be the ultimate optimists.
And this glass half full attitude ONLY occurs in aviation?

Did I dream of being a gas man? hecka no but whatever works.
I'm glad that it has worked out for you. Now if someone did dream of being a pilot (of any flavor) and it has worked out, maybe you can actually be genuinely happy for them too?

Btw - you didn't answer one question from my post.
Can I do what as a pilot?