View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 10:08 PM
AlaskaBound
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: Just another RJ guy

Originally Posted by ProverseYaw View Post
Which one should I choose?

I am currently considering employment at both and trying to decide which offer to accept. I would appreciate your input.

At endeavor my first half decade I could earn $22,500, $29,700, $31,500 & $33,300 per year and every year thereafter working full time.

If I accept a job at BK (burger king) with the proposed $15/hr min wage and work full time I would earn $31,200 per year, which after five years would earn $5,700 more than being an airline pilot.

In addition, I would work less and be home more. Full time at BK 40 hrs a week and home every day vs being gone from home an average of 78 hrs per week at 9e. Sleep in my own bed vs a 3 star hotel every night, get paid breaks to eat fast food vs running between flights to pickup fast food, extra pay and reduced hours for holidays (and still be home before & after work on holidays), and $100,000 less education debt.

Best of all, a faster opportunity to upgrade to manager and actually career progression and opportunity!

I think I've made up my mind what career path would be best, but what do you think?

Additionally, why is there a shortage again?
Any new hire at 9E will not be around long enough to top out the FO pay scale. It seems as though people are forgetting that 9E will be losing their 200s. Whether it's 1,2,3 or 4 years away...Delta will get rid of them and there's not enough regional growth opportunities as a DCI carrier to recover from that loss unless Delta dumps a current carrier. Mainline scope limits DCI growth...it's pretty much maxed out as it is.